1) A birth plan is just a plan. It can be vetoed by your OBGYN any time they feel it’s necessary.
2) If you have a c-section you will have a catheter put in your bladder – as if there wasn’t enough going on in the lower part of your body already!
3) Engorgement is one heck of a painful surprise. Breastfeeding those first few days is no walk in the park either.
4) Every time your breast milk “comes in” you will feel it.
5) You will look pregnant for the coming few weeks maybe even longer.
6) The Linea Negra that has developed on your tummy might take up to a year to fade away – if ever.
7) Contrary to popular belief breastfeeding doesn’t actually make you lose weight.
8) Having a c-section feels like you’ve literally been cut in half and getting up for the first time will seem like one of the hardest things you’ve ever done.
9) You will most likely bawl like a baby when the blues hits you.
10) Your new addition will change your life forever!